This privacy statement establishes how we handle the information we learn about you when you visit our site. Protecting the privacy and personal data of our visitors is of utmost importance to us.
Any information you provide on our Site is controlled by Plan B Funding (UK) Ltd, which is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner under reference: ZA149924.
All personal details submitted to us will be held in accordance with our responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) that applies in the UK.
The principle purpose of collecting personal data from you via this web site is to provide information or services specifically requested by you. When you complete our online forms, we ask for your contact details and other selected information so that we can deal with your request as efficiently and effectively as possible.
The Act allows you to find out what information we hold about you in return for a small fee. This is known as a subject access request. Before sending you any personal data, we will ask you to provide proof of your identity. If you are not able to provide proof of your identity, we reserve the right to refuse to send you personal data. You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the information Commissioner’s web site at www.dataprotection.gov.uk you can search for our Data Protection Notification there, should you wish to do so.
We may on occasions wish to use personal information supplied by you when you registered with us, contacted us, requested brochures or provided personal information from other services accessed from us, to inform you of new services, products and promotions which we think maybe of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive any further information from us you may inform us of this by email or by letter.
In addition, we may pass your details to carefully selected third parties only with regard to your enquiry and the service we provide. Before we pass details onto another firm, we let you know the name of the firm and obtain your permission to send your personal information to them.
If at any time you believe we have not complied with these principles, please notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate your concerns and take all reasonable steps to resolve the matter promptly.
You have the right to ask us not to process Your Information for marketing purposes. We will only use Your Information for such purposes where you have consented to this. If you do not want to receive any marketing information from us and you wish us to stop using Your Information for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you would like to update or amend Your Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you ("Your Information"):
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information you provide when you apply for an account with us or for any of our other products and services and when you register for and use our online services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Site or if you contact us and request assistance when using our Site.
- The contents of any correspondence you send us.
- Details of transfers to and from your accounts. Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information obtained from you or third parties such as employers, joint account holders, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies or other organisations when you apply for an account with us or for any of our other products or services or which you or they give to us at any time.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
- To make it easier for you to log on and use the Site during future visits.
Where we store your information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored and processed by another company in the Plan B Funding (UK) Ltd group of companies or a service provider or agent in another country. We will make sure that the group company, service provider or agent agrees to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to Your Information and to use Your Information in accordance with our instructions.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be similarly secure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name, passcode and memorable word which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this user name, passcode and memorable word confidential. You must not share these with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of Your Information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received Your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
We use Your Information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To process your application for and set up your accounts and to process your application to use our on-line services.
- To manage your accounts.
- To give you statements and to provide you with services available through our Site including the service which enables you to manage your accounts on-line.
- To verify your identity and make financial risk assessments including anti money laundering checks and for crime and fraud prevention purposes.
- To meet our regulatory compliance and reporting obligations.
- To provide you or permit selected third parties to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we or they consider may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations in respect of the provision of your accounts and the provision of our on-line services.
- To enforce any of our rights against you.
- To develop and improve our services to you and notify you about changes to our services.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of Your Information to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose Your Information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose Your Information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose Your Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and we will ensure that the prospective seller or buyer treats Your Information as confidential.
- If a third party acquires Plan B funding (UK) Ltd or substantially all of its assets, in which case information held by Plan B funding (UK) Ltd about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. We will ensure that the third party treats Your Information as confidential.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share Your Information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or as part of legal proceedings, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions which apply to your accounts or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Plan B funding (UK) Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If we use third parties to process Your Information on our behalf, for example, we use third parties to host the Site and to maintain our IT systems. Where we use third parties to process Your Information on our behalf we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard Your Information.
- When you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, we will disclose Your Information to carefully selected third parties for marketing purposes so that they can contact you about products or services that they think may be of interest to you.
- The third parties may include credit reference and fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies and identity and address verification agencies who may record and use Your Information and disclose it to other organisations for fraud and money laundering prevention
We intend to protect the quality and integrity of your personal information. We have security measures in place to protect your data and access to this data is under strict guidelines. We protect data against any unauthorised access to its web site access details, log off/exit from site when not using it and keep passwords secret.
We have implemented technologies and security policies such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) which is a way to transfer sensitive data securely using 128-bit encryption. This makes it safe from monitoring and manipulation attempts. It protects stored personal data of our users from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. Employees and processors who have access to personal data are obliged to respect the privacy of our visitors and the confidentiality of their personal data.
Please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect data, open emails are not secure and third parties may be able to intercept access or alter any information, you send by email. We are not responsible for and cannot accept any liability for any damage resulting from email messages sent to or received by us.
Notification of changes
There may be a need to amend this privacy statement and these will be highlighted on the web site home page.